Hot Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a delectable and irresistible dessert that combines the delicious flavors of classic chocolate chip cookies with a luxurious layer of gooey hot fudge. Whether enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or savored on their own, these dessert bars will quickly become a favorite treat! The best part is, they are easy to make! If you're a caramel lover, check out our equally amazing Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars that you will absolutely love!
Ingredients & Substitutions:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, at room temperature (Salted butter can be used, but you may want to reduce or omit the salt in the recipe.)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (You can use milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or your preferred flavor or combination of candy chips.)
For the Hot Fudge Layer:
- 1 cup of hot fudge sauce, warmed
How To Serve Hot Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
While these bars are delicious as they are, there are multiple ways to enjoy them. Here are a few suggestions you might want to try:
- Serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for an indulgent dessert.
- Cut them into bite-sized portions and serve them at parties or gatherings as a delightful finger food.
- Enjoy them with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee for a comforting snack.
Can I Make The Cookie Dough Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can prepare the cookie dough in advance to save time when you're ready to make the bars. Once the dough is fully mixed, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Refrigerate the dough for up to 2-3 days. When you're ready to make the bars, let the dough sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to make it easier to work with.
Can I Use A Different Sized Pan?
Absolutely! I used a 9x13-inch baking dish, which produces thicker bars. However, you can use a 10x15-inch sheet pan for slightly thinner bars. The baking time may be slightly reduced, but the ingredient amounts remain the same. Another option is to use a cast-iron skillet for a beautiful presentation. Just make sure to monitor the bars closely during baking, as the timing may need adjustment.
How To Store Hot Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
You can store Hot Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars at room temperature, in the refrigerator, or in the freezer.
- Once the bars have cooled to room temperature, store them in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to 2-3 days.
- If you prefer, you can refrigerate the bars in an airtight container. They will last for approximately 5-7 days.
- For longer-term storage, you can freeze the bars. Individually wrap them in plastic wrap or foil, then place them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Frozen bars can maintain their quality for about 2 to 3 months. To thaw, transfer the desired number of bars to the refrigerator and allow them to thaw gradually.