This recipe combines a flaky pie crust, smooth pumpkin pie filling, and a crunchy pecan praline topping. It's a freezer-friendly and make-ahead recipe that is perfect for Thanksgiving. Here are the 3 parts to the pecan praline pumpkin pie recipe:
Part 1: Pie Crust
- Prepare the pie crust ahead of time and chill it for at least 2 hours.
- Use a 9-inch pie dish and crimp or flute the edges.
- Chill the shaped crust for at least 30 minutes to prevent shrinking.
- Partially blind bake the pie crust by lining it with parchment paper and adding pie weights.
- Bake the crust until it's partially set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and pie weights, dock the crust, brush with egg wash, and bake for a little longer.
Part 2: Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Make the pumpkin pie filling by combining the ingredients, including an entire can of pumpkin and homemade pumpkin pie spice.
- Add a pinch of black pepper to enhance the spice flavors.
- Pour the filling into the partially blind baked pie crust.
Part 3: Pecan Praline Topping
- Make the 3-ingredient praline topping by combining pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Top the pie with the praline topping.
- Bake the pie for about 15 more minutes.
To finish the pie, top it with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of sea salt. The pie can be made ahead of time and refrigerated overnight. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, bring the pie to room temperature or serve it cold.
Enjoy this delicious pecan praline pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or any occasion.