Freezer Breakfast Burritos are a delicious and convenient option for a satisfying breakfast on busy mornings. These burritos are made with tortillas filled with breakfast sausage, seasoned scrambled eggs, cheese, and potatoes. They can be enjoyed immediately or frozen for later use.
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound ground pork sausage (seasoned)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen diced hash potatoes (or traditional hash browns)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Cook the pork sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and drain excess grease.
2. In the same skillet, scramble the eggs over medium heat. Stir in the chopped chives and dry ranch seasoning mix. Cook until the eggs are fully set. Remove from heat.
3. Cook the frozen diced hash potatoes according to the package instructions. Alternatively, you can use traditional hash browns.
4. To assemble the burritos, place a tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon some of the cooked sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and a combination of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese onto the tortilla.
5. Fold the edges of the tortilla over the filling, then roll it up tightly, tucking in the sides as you go. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling ingredients.
6. To freeze the burritos, wrap each individually in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Place them in a freezer-safe resealable bag or container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
7. To reheat a frozen burrito, remove it from the freezer and unwrap it. There are three options for reheating: microwave, oven, or air fryer.
- To reheat in the microwave, wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel and heat for approximately 1-2 minutes, or until hot.
- To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the unwrapped burrito on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until hot throughout.
- To reheat in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Place the unwrapped burrito in the air fryer basket and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until hot and crispy.
8. Once reheated, enjoy the breakfast burrito immediately.
- The assembled breakfast burritos can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Wrap them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, or store them in an airtight container.
Note: Adjust cooking times if thawing the burritos overnight in the refrigerator.
Enjoy these freezer breakfast burritos as a convenient and satisfying option for a delicious start to your day. Be sure to also check out my Breakfast Tacos if you're a fan of a tasty breakfast!