Super Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Yield: 32 cookies
- 1 and 1/2 cups (315g) pumpkin puree (blot excess liquid)
- 2 and 3/4 cups (345g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Maple Cream Cheese Icing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. Blot excess liquid from the pumpkin puree using a paper towel. You should have approximately 1 and 1/3 cups (315g) of pumpkin.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg and mix until fully combined. Then, mix in the vanilla extract and maple syrup.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
7. The dough will be thick and sticky. Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, around 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are set and slightly golden. The centers may appear slightly undercooked, but they will firm up as they cool.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Optional: Once the cookies are cooled, dip them into the Maple Cream Cheese Icing for added flavor.
11. Enjoy the cookies plain or with icing. They will stay fresh for up to 1 week when stored in an airtight container.