- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, crushed pecans, and melted butter. Mix until all the crumbs and pecans are coated in butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to form the crust.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and no lumps remain.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust in the springform pan, spreading it evenly.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the sliced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss until the apples are coated in the sugar and spices. Arrange the apples over the cream cheese filling, pressing them gently into the mixture. Sprinkle additional pecans over the top.
6. Place the springform pan in a larger roasting pan. Fill the larger pan with hot water, coming about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. This creates a water bath.
7. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the sides are set but the center is still slightly jiggly.
8. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, carefully remove the springform pan from the water bath and transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once the cheesecake has cooled, refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Note: This cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.