Mustard Hasselback Kielbasa Bites are sliced rings of pre-cooked, smoked sausage, sliced hasselback style, and then cut into bite-sized sections. They are coated in a flavorful mustard-base sauce and cooked in an air fryer to perfection. These visually appealing bites are served with a creamy and tangy mayonnaise-based dip to enhance their deliciousness. If you prefer, you can also make this dish in the oven. Additionally, you can try different sausage varieties such as Andouille, Mexican Chorizo, or other sausages.
Here are the ingredients you'll need for this recipe:
- Kielbasa (ring sausage) or any other sausage variety you prefer.
- Course-ground Dijon mustard, which adds boldness and spice to the sauce and dip.
- Apple cider vinegar, which balances the flavors of the mustard and brown sugar.
- Light brown sugar, which adds richness and a hint of sweetness.
- Worcestershire sauce, which complements the other ingredients and adds depth of flavor.
- Mayonnaise, used both in the sauce and as a dip for the Kielbasa bites. The dip elevates the appetizer and enhances its taste.
If you prefer, you can enjoy the Kielbasa bites without the dipping sauce. However, I highly recommend trying the dip as it takes this appetizer to a whole new level. It's simply a combination of mayonnaise and the mustard sauce.
If you have any leftovers, allow the Kielbasa bites to cool to room temperature and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last up to 3-4 days. The dip should be stored separately in a sealed container and can last up to a week. When reheating the bites, you can use an air fryer, microwave, or oven. Just make sure to give the dipping sauce a good stir before serving with the reheated bites.