Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a deliciously smooth and creamy dessert that combines the rich flavors of peanut butter with a homemade peanut butter cookie crust. To make this decadent treat, follow the recipe below:
- For the Cookie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 packages (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (162°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the crushed peanut butter cookies, melted butter, and granulated sugar for the cookie crust. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the peanut butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the sour cream, eggs, and whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Pour the cheesecake filling over the cookie crust in the prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
7. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and melted peanut butter for the topping. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the slightly cooled cheesecake.
9. Return the cheesecake to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
10. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
11. To serve, remove the sides of the springform pan and slice into desired portions. Drizzle with additional melted peanut butter if desired.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Enjoy the rich and creamy Peanut Butter Cheesecake! For more delectable cheesecake recipes, be sure to try my Reese’s Cheesecake Pie.