Banana Zucchini Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Add the shredded zucchini, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter as it may result in dense muffins.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Enjoy these delicious Banana Zucchini Muffins as a snack or breakfast treat!
Note: You can also add nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruits to the batter if desired. Just fold them in during step 4 before spooning the batter into the muffin tin.