Haystacks are a delightful no-bake treat that combines the delicious flavors of sweet and salty. To make this recipe, you will need almond bark, peanuts, chow mein noodles, and potato chips. For an extra festive touch, add some sprinkles to give them a holiday look. These tasty treats are a perfect addition to your Christmas cookie recipes.
- 1 package of almond bark (vanilla-flavored candy coating)
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 2 cups of chow mein noodles
- 1 cup of crushed potato chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Begin by melting the almond bark according to the package instructions. You can do this in the microwave or using a double boiler.
2. In a large bowl, combine the melted almond bark, peanuts, chow mein noodles, and crushed potato chips. Stir until all the ingredients are well-coated with the almond bark.
3. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
4. Use a spoon or cookie scoop to drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave space between each haystack to prevent them from sticking together.
5. If desired, sprinkle some festive sprinkles on top of each haystack for a decorative touch.
6. Allow the haystacks to cool and harden at room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour. You can also place them in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
7. Once the haystacks are fully hardened, transfer them to an airtight container for storage.
- Haystack cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- To extend their shelf life, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you want to keep them for a longer period, you can freeze them. They will maintain their quality for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Enjoy these delightful haystacks whenever you're craving a sweet and salty treat. They are perfect for sharing during the holiday season or any time of the year. Happy baking!