Salted Caramel Brownies are decadent and moist brownies with a delicious caramel swirl, topped with layers of chocolate, caramel, and sea salt. For a perfect batch of brownies, you have to give this amazing recipe a try!
Salted Caramel Brownies
- 1 batch of fudgy brownie mix (see below for instructions)
- 1 cup of caramel bits (or 5 1/2 ounces of other sized caramels)
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Add in the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
4. Pour in the melted butter and stir until the butter is well combined with the batter.
5. Transfer the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
6. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the caramel bits and heavy cream in the microwave until smooth and creamy. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the caramel for later use.
7. Pour the remaining caramel over the brownie batter in the baking dish. Use a knife to swirl the caramel into the batter, creating a marbled effect.
8. Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, but no wet batter.
9. Once out of the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the brownies. Allow them to sit for a minute or two to melt slightly.
10. Using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread the melted chocolate over the brownies, creating a smooth and even layer.
11. Drizzle the reserved caramel over the top of the brownies and sprinkle with flaky sea salt, to taste.
12. If the caramel has hardened, simply microwave it for a few seconds to soften it again.
13. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Enjoy these heavenly Salted Caramel Brownies as a delicious treat for yourself or to share with loved ones!