Halloween (2018) has become a cult classic in the horror genre, scaring audiences with its thrilling storyline and terrifying visuals. However, there are several subtle details that might have missed your attention. Here are 10 things you missed in Halloween (2018). 1. The homage to the original: If you are a fan of the original Halloween movie, you would have recognized the many Easter eggs throughout the film. From the iconic pumpkin opening credits to Laurie Strode's 1978-era outfit, the filmmakers paid tribute to the classic.
2. The pumpkin carving scene: In one of the scenes, a character is seen carving a pumpkin. If you look closely at the design, you will notice that it resembles the famous mask worn by Michael Myers, the film's antagonist.
3. The presence of classic horror movie actors: Halloween (2018) featured several actors who have previously starred in classic horror movies. Nancy Stephens, who played Marion Chambers in the original Halloween (1978), made a cameo appearance in this film as the same character.
4. Nods to other horror movies: Apart from paying tribute to its own franchise, Halloween (2018) also referenced other famous horror movies. One example is Marion Crane's appearance in the film. She was the character who famously met her demise in the shower scene from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (1960).
5. The significance of the number nine: Throughout the movie, the number nine pops up repeatedly in subtle ways. It represents the nine sequels made after the original Halloween, acknowledging the continuation of the story.
6. The bird's eye view shot: In a scene where Michael Myers is terrorizing the neighborhood, there is a shot from above that shows him moving from house to house. This shot is a direct tribute to the classic horror film Black Christmas (1974).
7. The hidden meaning behind the masks: In Halloween (2018), several characters wear masks, but they are more than just a disguise. The masks symbolize the hidden darkness and evil that can reside within anyone.
8. The use of practical effects: In an era of CGI-heavy films, Halloween (2018) relied heavily on practical effects to create its terrifying visuals. This choice added a sense of realism and grittiness to the film.
9. The significance of the checkerboard pattern: In a scene where Laurie Strode is setting up traps to catch Michael Myers, the floor is covered in a checkerboard pattern. This pattern symbolizes the mental game between the two characters, as they strategize against each other.
10. The subtle social commentary: Halloween (2018) touches upon important social themes such as trauma, survivor's guilt, and the importance of family. It offers a deeper exploration of these topics than the previous films in the franchise. In conclusion, Halloween (2018) is not just a simple slasher film. It is a treasure trove of hidden details and references that enhance the viewer's experience.
By recognizing and appreciating these subtle touches, you can elevate your understanding and enjoyment of the film.