Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Chilling Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 5 hours
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set it aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips and unsalted butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, espresso powder, and salt until well combined.
4. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl with the whisked eggs. Gently fold the mixture together until fully incorporated and smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan. Place the springform pan into a larger roasting pan.
6. Fill the roasting pan with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the springform pan. This will create a water bath for the cake.
7. Carefully transfer the roasting pan with the springform pan into the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the cake is set around the edges but still slightly jiggly in the center.
8. Remove the cake from the water bath and let it cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Then, release the sides of the springform pan and let the cake cool completely.
9. Once cooled, cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
10. Serve chilled and enjoy! You can dress up the cake with additional toppings like raspberry coulis, ganache, whipped cream, or a dusting of confectioners' sugar if desired.
To store the flourless chocolate cake, wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to four days. For longer storage, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
The original recipe recommends using dark chocolate chips and unsalted butter for the best flavor and texture. However, you can substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips if desired. If you don't have espresso powder, you can use instant coffee powder as a substitute. If using salted butter, adjust or omit the additional salt in the recipe.