These Tuxedo Cupcakes are indulgent chocolate cupcakes topped with a creamy cream cheese and chocolate chip mixture. They are perfect for any occasion and are incredibly easy to make!
For the cupcakes:
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water OR hot coffee
For the cream cheese mixture:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until smooth.
4. If using hot coffee, gradually pour it into the batter, mixing until well combined. If using hot water, gradually add it to the batter, mixing until well combined.
5. In another bowl, prepare the cream cheese mixture by beating the softened cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth and creamy. Stir in 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
6. Fill each cupcake liner about two-thirds full with the chocolate cupcake batter. Spoon a dollop of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each cupcake.
7. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips over the tops of each cupcake.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Once cooled, you can enjoy these delicious Tuxedo Cupcakes! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3-4 days.
Note: This recipe makes approximately 24 cupcakes.
Enjoy your homemade Tuxedo Cupcakes!