Browned Butter Snickerdoodles Recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Continue cooking the butter until it turns a golden brown color and gives off a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the browned butter and 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
4. In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and ground cinnamon for the topping.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Take about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll the dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated. Place the coated dough ball onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Enjoy your delicious Browned Butter Snickerdoodles!
Note: The recipe can be easily doubled if you want to make more cookies.