Pumpkin Streusel Muffins are a delightful treat for the fall season. These moist pumpkin muffins are topped with a delicious cinnamon streusel and finished with a drizzle of cinnamon maple glaze. They pair perfectly with a warm cup of coffee or make a great snack.
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the streusel topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cinnamon maple glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk (or more if needed)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. In a small bowl, prepare the streusel topping by mixing together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter until crumbly.
6. Fill each muffin cup with a heaping 1/3 cup of batter. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over each muffin.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. While the muffins are cooling, prepare the cinnamon maple glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and milk until smooth. Add more milk, if needed, to achieve a drizzling consistency.
9. Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle the cinnamon maple glaze over the tops. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
10. Enjoy these delicious Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with a cup of coffee or as a tasty snack!
Note: You can also prepare the muffin batter the night before and store it in the refrigerator. Just add the batter to the muffin tin when you're ready to bake. Additionally, the muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for longer storage.