Title: Caramel Turtle Brownie Pie
- 22 standard-size Oreo cookies
- 5 Tablespoons (72g) melted butter
Brownie Pie Filling:
- 10 Tablespoons (145g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (65g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (62g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (85g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200g) firmly packed brown sugar (dark recommended)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) light corn syrup
- Additional pecans
- Extra caramel sauce
- Melted chocolate
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Stir in the melted butter until the crumbs are well coated.
3. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish to form the crust. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
6. Gradually add the all-purpose flour and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
8. Pour the brownie pie filling into the prepared Oreo crust.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
10. While the pie is baking, prepare the caramel sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the brown sugar, heavy cream, salt, and corn syrup. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
11. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
12. Once the brownie pie is done baking, remove it from the oven and immediately prick all over the surface with a fork. Pour some of the warm caramel sauce over the top, allowing it to seep into the pie.
13. Allow the caramel turtle brownie pie to cool for about 1 hour before topping and serving. It can still be slightly warm.
14. Top the pie with additional pecans, more caramel sauce, melted chocolate (optional), and whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy this decadent caramel turtle brownie pie as a delightful treat for chocolate lovers!