Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
This recipe is a delicious twist on the classic dessert and captures all the flavors of strawberry shortcake in a creamy, fudgy treat. It features two layers of creamy strawberry fudge with a layer of crumbly vanilla wafers in between. Topped with crushed wafers for added texture, every bite of this fudge is bursting with the classic strawberry shortcake flavors.
Ingredients & Substitutions:
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or bars of white chocolate (about 12 ounces)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons strawberry flavored Jello powder
- 1 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (store-bought or homemade)
1. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate bars with the sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until the mixture is smooth and fully melted.
3. Add the strawberry flavored Jello powder to the white chocolate mixture and stir until well combined and the fudge is a uniform pink color.
4. Pour half of the strawberry fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly using a spatula.
5. Sprinkle the crushed vanilla wafers evenly over the strawberry fudge layer, pressing them gently into the fudge.
6. Pour the remaining strawberry fudge mixture on top of the crushed wafers and spread it evenly over the layer, covering the wafers completely.
7. Sprinkle additional crushed vanilla wafers on top for decoration and added crunch.
8. Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the fudge is fully set.
9. Once set, remove the fudge from the baking dish using the parchment paper or aluminum foil overhang. Cut into squares or desired shapes.
10. Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Note: If you don't have a candy thermometer, you can still make this fudge by following the instructions and visually checking for the right consistency. The fudge should be firm and hold its shape when cut.
Enjoy this delightful twist on strawberry shortcake with the creamy and fruity flavors of Strawberry Shortcake Fudge!