Caramel Creme Brulee Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours 10 minutes
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup of caramel sauce (Dulche de Leche)
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Roll out the pre-made pie crust and place it into a 9-inch pie dish. Crimp the edges.
3. Spread the caramel sauce evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and milk over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract until well combined.
6. Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
7. Pour the custard mixture over the caramel layer in the pie crust.
8. Place the pie dish on a baking sheet and carefully transfer it to the oven.
9. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the custard is set around the edges and slightly jiggly in the center.
10. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or overnight, to allow the custard to fully set.
11. Before serving, sprinkle a thin layer of granulated sugar evenly over the surface of the chilled pie.
12. Using a kitchen torch, carefully melt and caramelize the sugar until it forms a golden crust.
13. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Saturated Fat: 20g
Vitamin A: 1090IU
Vitamin C: 2mg
Please note that the nutritional information provided is an automatic calculation and may vary depending on the specific products used and any modifications made to the recipe. If precise nutritional values are important to you, I recommend calculating them yourself.
Enjoy this delectable Caramel Creme Brulee Pie as a delightful twist on the classic dessert!