The Great Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out the pie crust and fit it into a 9-inch pie dish. Trim and flute the edges.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, black pepper, and salt. Mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and milk. Pour this mixture into the pumpkin mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
4. Pour the pumpkin filling into the prepared pie crust.
5. Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the center is slightly wobbly. Be careful not to overcook, as this can cause the filling to crack.
6. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Serve the pumpkin pie on its own or with whipped cream.
Note: You can decorate the pie with pie crust leaves, sugar-coated cranberries, or any other desired toppings.
Enjoy your homemade pumpkin pie!