Celebrate the arrival of fall with this delicious Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake recipe. With a rich and creamy cheesecake filling and a spiced gingersnap cookie crust, this dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Top it off with fresh whipped cream and salted caramel sauce for the perfect finishing touch.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 25 cookies)
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Fresh whipped cream
- Salted caramel sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the gingersnap cookie crumbs, melted butter, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Mix until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, spreading it evenly. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly pack the crust into place.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until everything is well combined and the batter is smooth.
6. Pour half of the batter over the prepared crust in the springform pan. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter on top, alternating with spoonfuls of pumpkin puree. Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the two batters together, creating a marbled effect.
7. Place the springform pan in a larger roasting pan and add hot water to the roasting pan until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
8. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until the edges are set but the center is slightly jiggly.
9. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for 1 hour to cool slowly.
10. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
11. Before serving, remove the outer rim of the springform pan. Top the cheesecake with fresh whipped cream and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
12. Enjoy your delicious Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake!
Note: If you prefer to freeze the cheesecake, remove the outer rim of the springform pan and wrap the cheesecake with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.