Homemade Salted Caramel Nut Rolls are made with a fluffy marshmallow nougat that is coated in caramel and rolled in salted peanuts. These nut rolls are a delicious treat that can be made easily at home. Here is how to make them:
- 1 jar of marshmallow creme (or marshmallow Fluff)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/4 cups caramel bits
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups salted peanuts
1. In a large bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, almond extract, and confectioners' sugar. Use your hands to form the mixture into a disc or hockey puck shape. It may be slightly crumbly at first, but the more you work it, the more it will stick together.
2. Cut the mixture into eight equal pieces, like cutting a pie. Roll each piece into a cylindrical shape and wrap them in parchment paper. Place the rolls in the freezer for at least 2 hours to chill.
3. Melt the caramel bits in the microwave. Once melted, stir in the heavy cream until the caramel has a looser consistency.
4. Spread the salted peanuts onto a baking sheet.
5. Take the nougat rolls out of the freezer. Working one at a time, dip each roll into the melted caramel using two forks. Make sure the roll is completely coated in caramel.
6. Immediately roll the caramel-coated roll in the salted peanuts, ensuring that the roll is fully covered in peanuts.
7. Place the nut rolls on a piece of parchment paper and refrigerate to store.
Enjoy your homemade Salted Caramel Nut Rolls as a sweet and nutty treat!