Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all the spices until well combined. Make sure there are no clumps.
2. Transfer the spice blend to an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid.
3. Store the pumpkin pie spice in a dry place at room temperature, such as a cupboard or pantry.
- Before starting, check the expiration dates of your spices to ensure they are still fresh and aromatic.
- This homemade pumpkin pie spice mixture will last until the expiration dates of the individual spices, typically 1-2 years.
- Label your container with the date of when you made the spice blend, so you know when to replace it.
- Feel free to adjust the spice quantities according to your personal preference. Add more of your favorite spice or omit any spices you don't enjoy.
- Use this homemade pumpkin pie spice in any recipe that calls for pumpkin pie spice or a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and black pepper.
Enjoy this homemade pumpkin pie spice in your favorite fall recipes or give it as a thoughtful gift!