Biscuit Vegetable Pot Pie Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (191°C).
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms, and cook until softened.
3. Stir in the frozen peas, broccoli, carrots, and flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Gradually whisk in the vegetable broth and milk. Stir in the thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook until the mixture thickens.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the biscuit mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
6. Pour the vegetable filling into a greased 2.5–3-quart casserole dish.
7. Using floured hands, grab handfuls of biscuit dough and shape into thick discs. Place the discs on top of the vegetable filling.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can also use pie crust instead of biscuits. Follow the instructions in the original text for using pie crust instead.