Juicy pears, tart ruby red cranberries, and a buttery brown sugar topping come together in this delicious cranberry pear crumble pie. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or any time of year.
Here's how to make it:
- 1 all butter pie crust or buttery flaky pie crust
- 4 cups peeled and chopped pears (about 1/2-inch chunks)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out the pie crust and fit it into a 9-inch pie dish. Trim and crimp the edges as desired.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped pears, cranberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and lemon juice. Toss until well coated.
3. Pour the pear mixture into the prepared pie crust, spreading it out evenly.
4. In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon for the crumble topping. Stir until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the pear mixture in the pie crust.
6. Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the fruit is tender and bubbling.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
Enjoy this cranberry pear crumble pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It's sure to be a hit at any gathering!