Caramel Apple Monkey Bread is a delicious and easy recipe made with cinnamon roll biscuit dough, apples, brown sugar, and caramel sauce. It can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a dessert.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cans (17.5 oz each) Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (5 count each)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Here are the steps to make the Caramel Apple Monkey Bread:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Open both packages of cinnamon rolls and set aside the icing tubs included. Separate the biscuits and cut each one into six pieces.
3. Place the diced apples in a medium bowl.
4. In a large ziploc bag, combine both sugars with the cinnamon. Take 1/3 cup of the mixture and toss it with the apples.
5. Add the cinnamon roll pieces to the ziploc bag and toss to coat.
6. Sprinkle half of the apple pieces in the prepared pan, followed by half of the cinnamon roll pieces. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and drizzle with the caramel sauce.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining apple and cinnamon roll pieces. Then, pour the melted butter evenly over the top.
8. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown across the top. If it starts to over-brown, you can tent it with foil.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen it. Place a serving plate over the pan and turn it over to remove the bread. Let it cool for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Drizzle the reserved icing over the top of the bread, allowing some to drizzle down the sides. Pull apart the bread to serve, and enjoy it warm.
Some variations you can try with this recipe include using a different type of apple, omitting the pecans or caramel sauce if desired, using a different spice like apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice, and adding raisins for additional texture and sweetness.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious Caramel Apple Monkey Bread!